Transitioning Back to Regular Banking Operations
Step by Step, We’re Starting to Move Toward Normal Operations
The last few weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic have not been easy for any of us. We at Members 1st Credit Union hope you and your family are staying both safe and healthy.
Members 1st is cautiously transitioning into normal business operations – below please find some dates and specifics:
- May 18 – 31: In addition to the existing changed protocol, we will resume opening and closing new accounts/loans in both offices (by appointment only).
- June 1: Our lobbies will be open to the public, but limited to four individuals at any time. If you come in, we ask all members to follow good safety procedures, such as keeping 6 feet apart. You should strongly consider using a face mask. Although masks are not mandatory at this time, we will have masks and gloves available if you choose to use them while in our offices.
For full details about reopening plans – including what we are doing to keep you safe in our lobbies and when next steps in reopening will begin – please visit me1stcu.com.
You Can Bank Online or By Phone
Remember, most of your routine banking can be handled safely online, using your computer, mobile device or landline phone:
- You can apply for a loan on our website.
- If you need help with online banking, just call us.
- Call us with any other question about your banking needs, we’re here to help.
Managing Your Finances During the Pandemic
Here are some tips for coping with the financial uncertainties that accompany the health concerns during the pandemic:
- Monitor your expenses to be sure you’re spending carefully.
- If you don’t have one, create a budget. Keep your budget updated if your income changes, to help you adjust your spending as needed.
- If your credit card balances are high, see if your existing cards offer lower interest rates or balance transfers. Until you can pay off the balance, try to use your card only for emergencies.
- If you can, beef up your emergency savings, even if you can only add a small amount.
No matter what your pandemic financial picture looks like, remember that Members 1st Credit Union is always by your side, and we will do everything within our power to help you get through this time of transition.
Mattis office: (314) 487-5628
Festus office: (636) 931-7144
Toll-free: (877) 487-5628